I just went to town and a guy in Food City said all the roads in Wise are covered but idk if he knew what he was talking about
It must be bad out there because we never close, but with almost 1,000 students on campus living in the residence halls it is not often we close. Since we are then, I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK!!!!!
Gotta love the snow [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Just felt like bragging on a long break because I'll be taking off work next week as well.
I just went to town and a guy in Food City said all the roads in Wise are covered but idk if he knew what he was talking about
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
I went out in front of my house, and it's not horrible ya know.. when the sun pops out, it'll be fine.
roads were/are horrible in Wise, but I'm on a hill about the town so obvisouly it will be worse here than on the main roads
Wise never closes? Since when? lol. They're probably the most delayed/closed college around here, haha.
you're on crack if you think that then. Given, they were closed a lot last year, however, before then they didn't close that much at all. You have to look at it from the university's perspective. We have 800-900 kids living on campus with anywhere around another 900 kids commuting, which is optional on snow days (& are exscused from classes in that case). The college, rarely closes because of the number of on-campus kids who CAN attend class.
I dont care to go to colege when it snows. Im still going to be studying anyways so why not go so you can talk to the prof.
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]
when i went out there from 92-97 i lived on campus the first year i dont member it closing any but when i was a commuter i do remember itclosing a few times and the days it was on a delay it was great to be a commuter since the policy back then was if u did not live within the town of wise limits u were excused from class and could make up any work or tests that were missed. is this still the policy now?
At Tech school was cancelled twice in my 4 years because of weather....and that was because the BT couldn't run because of a thick ice layer on everything.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
I believe so. I don't even know if they use the town limit rule anymore due to some people getting up and down steeps driveways on hills. I could be wrong though. I just know they advise all students, faculty, and staff to use their judgement to come to class or work.
Bookmarks